A Prominent Insurance Law Firm In Sydney
Throughout Sydney and across Australia, McMahons Lawyers provides honest, genuine advice and legal representation on matters of insurance law, for both claimants and insurers in any type of dispute. These include disputes relating to construction, professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
If you believe you have been unfairly denied a claim under your insurance policy or are in the middle of a dispute with your provider, then you may benefit from speaking to an insurance claims lawyer at McMahons Lawyers. A lawyer will be able to advise you on your rights and responsibilities. We offer a free consultation.
Why Choose McMahons Lawyers
Bryan McMahon is one of the most respected lawyers who focus on insurance law in Australia. He has more than 30 years of experience and has acted in many leading cases in the New South Wales Supreme Court and the High Court of Australia
Bryan McMahon is a Law Society of New South Wales Accredited Specialist in commercial litigation, and he completed the insurance law strand of that specialty in 1998. He is one of only about 30 such recognised specialist lawyers in the Sydney and New South Wales area.
Because we are a small firm, we seldom have the conflict of interest issues that often arise in larger firms that offer insurance claim legal services and advice.
Recognised for Our Expertise
Awards we have won over the past couple of years include:
- Best Specialist Commercial Law Firm 2018 – Australia – Acquisition International (AI)
- ‘Insurance Law Firm of the Year in Australia – 2018’ – Corporate International Global Awards
- ‘Boutique Insurance Law Firm of the Year in Australia – 2019’ – Corporate International Global Awards
- ‘Boutique Insurance Law Firm of the Year in Australia – 2020’ Corporate International Global Awards
- Best Boutique Commercial Law Firm – New South Wales 2020 – Acquisition International (AI)
- Award for Excellence in Insurance Law – New South Wales 2020 – Acquisition International (AI)
- Advisory Excellence Recommended Expert – Bryan McMahon (2018-2019)
Streamlined Insurance Claim Resolution and Cost-Effective Solutions
Litigation can be a costly and time-consuming exercise for insurers and claimants. We aim to resolve disputes prior to litigation if possible, via the internal review systems of insurers and through professional negotiation.
Where such a resolution is not possible, our lawyers aggressively pursue our clients’ rights and entitlements in court. We also act in relation to legal disputes involving domestic insurance, which are dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service.